Coffee is the second most consumed beverage in the world, after water of course, and it has been an irreplaceable product for most human beings for centuries. It is, without a doubt, one of the most popular beverages in restaurants in Croatia and in the world. It’s magical world of flavours begun to unravel in the few recent years and is currently on its way to show all it’s beauty and magic.
The Croatian Waiters and Bartenders Association has revolutionized the course for baristas and our intention is to bring the world of coffee and show it for what it really is – an amazing world enriched with perfect flavours and aromas.
Do you want to become the master of coffee and find out all the secrets of this black favourite drink? Do you want to gain knowledge and skills, and become an expert in preparing, decorating and presenting the perfect espresso? Then join us in our barista school.
The aim of the Barista School is to train students to produce a superior espresso and espresso-based beverages in real working conditions and perfecting any of the existing knowledge and skills of the participants.
Students acquire knowledge from theory and master the techniques of preparation, presentation and decoration of coffee through the program of the barista school.
Courses are held in small groups with an individual approach because the emphasis is on the individual and his development. Become an excellent connoisseur of the preparation of this favourite beverage!
The content of the lessons:
- Theoretical basis of coffee, introducing students to the history and coffee culture
- Practical part – With supervision and help from teachers, the students will master the art of coffee making, heating the milk and the combination of both
The theoretical part:
- What is coffee and where does it grow
- The history of coffee – coffee time around the world
- From plantation to cup
- Harvesting and processing
- Classification and scoring
- Storage and transport purchase
- Techniques of making the perfect espresso
- Getting to know your device and mill
- Cleanliness and maintenance of the woking space
- The differences between Arabica and Robusta, tasting Arabica and Robusta, different mix of Arabica and varieties of Arabica
- Techniques to get the perfect espresso
- The heating of milk – how to make micro-foam
- Fresh vs. UHT milk
- Basic latte art
Venue: The course takes place in the centre of Rijeka, in the premises of the Association, Ciottina 19/1.
It is possible to organize the bartending school in other locations with a minimum of 6 participants and assured preconditions. We organize In – House training for hotels and larger restaurants. Read more about it HERE.
The course lasts for four days and the lectures are held in the terms that are decided in the agreement with the current participants on the first day of class.
The number of participants is limited. We retain the right to cancel or change terms of the bartending school if there is not a sufficient number of interested parties.
Only the members who have paid the Educational membership can attend the Barista school. The Educational membership is 2,000.00 kuna.
In case you are paying as a company, you need to pay the Business membership in the amount of 2,000.00 + VAT.